Things NOT included in the Tender and for which we need to organise our own quotes and work are:
- Flooring throughout the house, including carpet and/or tiles (except for tiles in the wet areas, which are included in the tender);
- Window coverings;
- Landscaping and Turf;
- Driveway concreting;
- Perimiter fencing (our current fence is falling down so this will need to be replaced);
- Ducted air conditioning (current estimate is around $13,000 but may change once the plans are finalised);
- Extra power points (the current tender allows for one set of double power points per room);
- Light fittings (only a standard batton light fixture is included per room);
- Window dressings (curtains, blinds, etc).
We'll probably discover a few other things along the way too.
Also not included is actual demolition of the old house. We have a quote for $11,000 for this from a company recommended by Masterton. We have no idea if this is reasonable or not so we're trying to get a couple of others to see how we're placed.
Based on our very basic estimates, we're probably looking at another $100,000 for all the additional items. So basically, if we can get the whole thing done and can move in at around $400,000, we'll count ourselves lucky!